Chocolate Poached Pear
subhead here. sub this for pear tart.
Story here. TK
Recipe here TK
Red Wine or White Wine: Chocolate works with both. Whites to use. Reds to use.
Wine Poaching Option: Cannabis Wine — Rebel Coast Sauvignon Blanc
Infused Cannabis Chocolate Recommendation.. Kiva. Defonse. something you’d eat on its own. Not too much –bolster but don’t overpower the delicate pear
Chocolate Poached Pears
Yield: 4 servings
- 1/2 cup pear nectar
- 1/2 cup dry white wine (preferably cannabis wine if available; see note)
- 1/4 cup sugar or 2 TB cannabis infused honey
- 2 slightly slightly firm pears (peeled, halved and cored)
- 2 ounces dark chocolate, chopped (all cannabis chocolate or mixture of infused and non-infused; see note)
- Mint sprigs for garnish
- Stir pear nectar, wine and sugar/or honey in heavy saucepan over medium-high heat until sugar dissolves and syrup comes to boil.
- Add pears . Cover pan, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until pears are tender paring knife slides easily into them, about 10-15 minutes, depending on ripeness. Using slotted spoon, transfer pears to plate.
- Increase heat to medium-high and boil poaching liquid until reduced to 3/4 cup, about 10 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat. Add chopped chocolate; whisk until chocolate melts and sauce is smooth.
- Place warm pear halves, cut sides up, on each plates.
- Cover pears with warm chocolate sauce.
- Garnish with mint sprigs.