Honey Sweetens Highs; Does Coffee Clash with Cannabis?
September is National Honey Month.
Sept. 26 is National Coffee Day.
BY ED MURRIETA
In addition to being widely available, cannabis honey is easy to make and easier to use. Stir infused coconut oil into your favorite honey. Add cannabis honey to your preferred beverage, drizzle on biscuits or use in recipes that call for honey or corn syrup. Eat cannabis honey by the spoonful with a lemon wedge even if you don’t have a sore throat.
Cannabis Honey Recipe
Yield: Approximately 1 cup
- 3/4 cup best-quality honey
- 3 tablespoons cannabis coconut oil
- Heat honey in microwave on low power for XX seconds, or until viscosity thins and honey can be easily stirred.
- Add cannabis coconut oil to honey and stir with whisk or fork.
- How to store TK.
Cannabis Coconut Oil Recipe
- Cannabis amount TK
- Coconut oil amount TK
- Grind and decarboxolate cannabis. More TK.
- Set a X-quart sauce pot halfway filled with water on the stove over low heat. Bring to a gentle simmer, until small bubbles steadily form.
- Place decarboxolated cannabis in a small (size TK) canning jar. Pour oil into jar. Stir to combine. Place lid on jar and gently seal.
- Place jar in sauce pot of gently simmering water. Heat mixture for 30 minutes.
- Remove jar from water. Remove lid. Strain mixture through a fine mesh sieve into a clean container.
Infuse with these products
Infused Honey Product Roundup
- Roundup of honey products from Leafly’s product guide
GW Pharma Liquid Gold Honey
Evergreen Organix Honey Stix
More / others TK
National Coffee Day
- Blurb about coffee and cannabis for Sept. 26 National Coffee Day
- Note that science questions coffee-cannabis combo efficacy
Try These Cannabis Coffees
- Roundup and photos TK of cannabis coffee from Leafly product guide
- Cold Brew
- Brew Pods
- CBD Coffee
Cannabis Cuisine Calendar
- National Fun with Fondue Month
- National Guacamole Day (Nov. 14)
- National Baking Month
- National Bloody Mary Day (Jan. 1)
- National Milk Day (Jan. 11)
- National Green Juice Day (Jan. 26)
- National Hot Chocolate Day (Jan. 31)
- National Grapefruit Month
- National Carrot Cake Day (Feb. 3)
- World Nutella Day (Feb. 5)
- National Drink Wine Day (Feb. 18)
- National Nutrition Month (Roundup of nutritious edibles/recipes or nutritious edibles)
- National Peanut Butter Lover’s Day (March 1) peanut butter product roundup
- National Soy Month — soy (or soy lecithin) in cannabis edibles
- National Caramel Popcorn Day (April 6) product roundup
- National Oatmeal Cookie Day (April 30) product roundup
- National Salsa Month — product roundup
- National Taffy Day (May 23) — product roundup and recipe
- National Candy Month — product roundup
- National Chocolate Pudding Day (June 26) — pot de creme recipe
- National July Belongs to Blueberries Month — product roundup of coated blueberries and mention satori’s use of organic blueberry powder in chocolate
- National Lollipop Day (July 20) — product roundup
- National Cotton Candy Day — product roundup
- National S’mores Day (Aug. 10) — recipe and product roundup
- National Rum Day (Aug. 16) — Bacardi 151 tincture recipe
- National Toasted Marshmallow Day — recipe and product roundup