Just Say, ‘Si’ to THC Tacos
Oct. 4 is National Taco Day.
Each day through Halloween comprises National Apple Month and National Caramel Month.
BY ED MURRIETA
As National Taco Day approaches Oct. 4, tacos are seemingly everywhere, from trusty trucks to high-end restaurants. Cannabis, it seems. is everywhere too. Here are six ways to combine tacos with cannabis, infusing the street-food classic with legal THC, from meat and veggies to tortillas and cheese to toppings and condiments, preparing taco ingredients with a small amount of cannabis in each bite. Wash them them down with cannabis soda or beer for extra kick. Eat too many and tacos and you’ll take a cannabis siesta.
Braise beef or marinate pork or chicken with cannabis-infused soda, coffee and juice beverages from brands like Sprig, Legal and Dixie. Reserve braising liquids and reduce marinades to sauce and moisten meats.
Braising Recipe TK
Braising Liquid/Reduction Procedure TK
Braising sodas and pairings
Citrus flavor describe describe. X mg.
Cherry, pomegranate and lemon-ginger flavors describe describe describe. X mg.
Mix kief in flour and/ or use cannabis oil in Rick Bayless corn tortilla recipe.
Adapted Rick Bayless Corn Tortilla Recipe TK.
Roasted jalapenos are a common accompaniment to tacos. Before roasting, coat jalapenos in cannabis oil. Or roast peppers, zucchini, onions and tomatoes for veggie taco filling.
Recipe and Procedure TK.
Roast in these oils
FRY IN FATS
Fry golden Tacos Dorados in a splash of cannabis oil or a pat of cannabis butter, or a mixture of both, for extra texture, flavor and potency.
Coat cojita or queso fresco cheese crumbles in kief.
- Infused salsas and jalapeno slices.
- Recommendations per Leafly product directory.
APPLES AND CARAMEL
October is designated National Apple Month and National Caramel Apple Month. Here are some cool words and a recipe for caramel apple dippers.
Yield: About 2 cups
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cannabis honey
- 6 ounces cream
- 2 tablespoons cannabis butter
- Combine sugar, water and corn syrup in a heavy-bottomed sauce pan. Cook at medium heat until the mixture reaches a dark caramel stage, 370 to 400 degrees on a candy thermometer.
- Turn off flame and remove pot from heat. Leaning away, add cream to caramel. Stir in butter. Cool thoroughly before serving with sliced apples.
Per ounce: 100 calories (50 percent from fat), 0 protein, 14 g carbohydrates, 6 g fat, 20 mg cholesterol, 5 mg sodium, 0 fiber.
Potency note: Depends on the strength of your honey and butter. More TK.
Cannabis Cuisine Calendar
- National Fun with Fondue Month
- National Guacamole Day (Nov. 14)
- National Baking Month
- National Bloody Mary Day (Jan. 1)
- National Milk Day (Jan. 11)
- National Green Juice Day (Jan. 26)
- National Hot Chocolate Day (Jan. 31)
- National Grapefruit Month
- National Carrot Cake Day (Feb. 3)
- World Nutella Day (Feb. 5)
- National Drink Wine Day (Feb. 18)
- National Nutrition Month (Roundup of nutritious edibles/recipes or nutritious edibles)
- National Peanut Butter Lover’s Day (March 1) peanut butter product roundup
- National Soy Month — soy (or soy lecithin) in cannabis edibles
- National Caramel Popcorn Day (April 6) product roundup
- National Oatmeal Cookie Day (April 30) product roundup
- National Salsa Month — product roundup
- National Taffy Day (May 23) — product roundup and recipe
- National Candy Month — product roundup
- National Chocolate Pudding Day (June 26) — pot de creme recipe
- National July Belongs to Blueberries Month — product roundup of coated blueberries and mention satori’s use of organic blueberry powder in chocolate
- National Lollipop Day (July 20) — product roundup
- National Cotton Candy Day — product roundup
- National S’mores Day (Aug. 10) — recipe and product roundup
- National Rum Day (Aug. 16) — Bacardi 151 tincture recipe
- National Toasted Marshmallow Day — recipe and product roundup