Cannabis Fondue? Mon Dieu! C’mon, Get Cheesy
November is National Fondue Month.
Nov. 14 is National Guacamole Day.
BY ED MURRIETA
Pithy intro TK
- National Fondue Month
- National Guacamole Day
Pithy blurb TK
Yield: 6-8 servings
- 1 1/2 pounds pound Gruyere
- 3/4 pound Appenzeller
- 3/4 pound Morbier
- 1/4 pound Roquefort
- 1 1/2 cups white wine
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 ounces cannabis tincture
- 3 baguettes, cut into bite-size pieces
- Grate or dice cheeses and mix them in a bowl.
- Pour in the wine and bring it to a boil over medium heat. Gradually incorporate the cheese mixture, stirring constantly in a figure-eight pattern with a wooden spoon.
- When the cheese is entirely melted, about 20 to 25 minutes, add salt, pepper and nutmeg to taste. Stir in the mustard and tincture.
- To serve, set the fondue pot on the table over a fondue burner and let diners spear pieces of bread with fondue forks and plunge them into the fondue. Stir the fondue frequently (always in a figure-eight pattern) to keep it from separating or sticking to the bottom.
Each of 8 servings: 958 calories; 58 grams fat; 34 grams saturated fat; 212 mg. cholesterol; 1,351 mg. sodium.
Cannabis Tincture Recipe
Yield: Approximately 2 ounces
1/8 ounce cannabis
2 ounces vodka
Chop cannabis very fine (coffee grinder works great)
2. Decarb. More TK
3. Place cannabis jar and add 2 oz of vodka. Place lid on jar and gently seal.
4. Simmer in a water bath for 20 minutes.
5. Strain the mixture and store.
Pithy blurb TK
Cannabis Cuisine Calendar
- National Fun with Fondue Month
- National Guacamole Day (Nov. 14)
- National Baking Month
- National Bloody Mary Day (Jan. 1)
- National Milk Day (Jan. 11)
- National Green Juice Day (Jan. 26)
- National Hot Chocolate Day (Jan. 31)
- National Grapefruit Month
- National Carrot Cake Day (Feb. 3)
- World Nutella Day (Feb. 5)
- National Drink Wine Day (Feb. 18)
- National Nutrition Month (Roundup of nutritious edibles/recipes or nutritious edibles)
- National Peanut Butter Lover’s Day (March 1) peanut butter product roundup
- National Soy Month — soy (or soy lecithin) in cannabis edibles
- National Caramel Popcorn Day (April 6) product roundup
- National Oatmeal Cookie Day (April 30) product roundup
- National Salsa Month — product roundup
- National Taffy Day (May 23) — product roundup and recipe
- National Candy Month — product roundup
- National Chocolate Pudding Day (June 26) — pot de creme recipe
- National July Belongs to Blueberries Month — product roundup of coated blueberries and mention satori’s use of organic blueberry powder in chocolate
- National Lollipop Day (July 20) — product roundup
- National Cotton Candy Day — product roundup
- National S’mores Day (Aug. 10) — recipe and product roundup
- National Rum Day (Aug. 16) — Bacardi 151 tincture recipe
- National Toasted Marshmallow Day — recipe and product roundup